Incase you never picked up on it… My favorite color is pink! haha There’s a surprise!
You might be wondering why I am sharing this with you… I don’t really know why…. To be honest I had these random photos of myself with all pink things that I didn’t really know how to post. So I started thinking about why I might like pink and what my favorite color say about me. Of course, I googled it.
I typed in “What does the color pink say about my personality?”… I had no idea what to expect. I have heard from people different people that the colors you choose to wear or surround your self with say a lot about you… I found so many cool psychology sites that had so many insights. I have included sections from two sites….
Well, below is the research I found… 🙂
The meaning of the color pink is unconditional love and nurturing.
“The color pink represents compassion, nurturing and love. It relates to unconditional love and understanding, and the giving and receiving of nurturing.
A combination of red and white, pink contains the need for action of red, helping it to achieve the potential for success and insight offered by white. It is the passion and power of red softened with the purity, openness and completeness of white. The deeper the pink, the more passion and energy it exhibits.
Pink is feminine and romantic, affectionate and intimate, thoughtful and caring. It tones down the physical passion of red replacing it with a gentle loving energy.
Pink is intuitive and insightful, showing tenderness and kindness with its empathy and sensitivity.
In color psychology, pink is a sign of hope. It is a positive color inspiring warm and comforting feelings, a sense that everything will be okay.”
“If pink is your favorite color, you are loving, kind, generous and sensitive to the needs of others. You are friendly and approachable with a warmth and softness others are drawn to. You are the nurturers of the world – you love to give nurturing and to receive nurturing in return.
With a personality color pink, you have a maternal instinct, with a need to protect and take care of others. You also have a need for this caring to be reciprocated as you do tend to neglect yourself in your determination to take care of the needs of others.
- You are very much in touch with your femininity – this includes men who are in touch with their feminine side.
- You are romantic and sensual and sensitive.
- With your optimistic and positive outlook on life, you see the good in everyone.
- You are methodical and organized, although you can sometimes be rather flippant when the immature girly side of pink appears.
- You are refined, reserved, calm and non-violent which may give the impression of shyness.
- You have a naivety, sweetness and beauty about you which can become girlish and immature in some.
- You have a youthful appearance, even into old age, looking younger than you really are, even to the point of looking dainty, frail and vulnerable.
The challenge for you is to become more self-reliant and to learn to love yourself, then love and acceptance will be returned to you multiplied”
“What does it mean to wear pink
To wear pink could be a sign of a need to express themselves and their femininity, likely to be looking for attention with a more extroverted fun seeking personality type. Perhaps an intuitive person who doesn’t pay much attention to the opinions of others and who doesn’t care too much about conforming to social norms. Probably an impulsive person that often acts before thinking.
If your favorite color is pink what is your personality?
- Your emotions are strong and you consider other peoples feelings, however your own feelings are easily hurt.
- You have strong female traits, very girly, it can sometimes seem innocent but also immature.
- You are optimistic and easily excitable, again this can sometimes seem immature.
- You are friendly with new people and happy to talk with almost anyone.
- You have idealistic views of romance and love, you love a classic love story.
- You are a very nurturing person, a natural carer or parent.
- You are not a very practical or analytical person.
Positive Traits of Pink
Calming- Pink is a calming, relaxed and non threatening color, it’s more passive than red, without anger and aggression.
Caring- Pink has a caring, compassionate and affectionate influence on people. It’s associated with love, nurture, peace and romance.
Immature- Pink is a young color, without experience, innocent and naive which can lead to mistakes.
Over emotional- Too much emotion can be the enemy of practical and rational thinking, it can cause chaos and confusion.
Different shades of pink
Light pink – non threatening, light flirtation, unconventional.
Dark pink – nurturing, love, passionate.”
Reading all this was very insightful. I had no ideas that this post was going to turn out to be so educational. It made me realize so much about my self. It is very interesting how the color I chose to surround my self with subconsciously, was actually a direct reflection of my self and who I am.
So I challenge you… I challenge you to research your favorite color. See what it says about you… you might be surprised… It is very rewarding! 🙂